Sunday, December 23, 2012

Saving a Life


I thank God every day for giving me His vision for starting Live Out Loud Charity. Today a life was saved through suicide prevention. I am so grateful I logged onto facebook. This isn't the first time I have saved someone's life via facebook, in fact if you refer to this blog: http://www.sherriegearheart.blogspot.com/2011/02/true-story.html you can read the story of the man in India and how I saved his life. But before I go forward with this blog, I must say, it isn't me that is saving people's lives, I want to make it clear, that I am only used as God's tool. It is God that intervenes and I do my best to listen when I am needed. :) Tonight I was needed by a younger girl who has been in an abusive relationship for years. She broke away and found someone who treats her right but when her abusive boyfriend came around again she found herself scared to say no. She was then beaten again and her fiance found out about it after she broke down to him. He called off the wedding. She then went on facebook one last time before she was going to end her life. She saw I was on facebook (thank God) and decided to reach out to me since she knows I run a non profit for suicide prevention. We started chatting and she opened up to me about everything. As a QPR certified Gatekeeper I used my training to take the proper steps and I always mention God in my stories as I am a believer and a Truth Media Certified Mentor. From there she started to see things clearly again and to place things into perspective. As the conversation continued she finally told me that I had saved her life. That she was going to end it all and logged on to deactivate facebook. By chance, as one last attempt she reached out to me and thank God she chose life, and thank God she chose to speak with me. I am so grateful to God. During that conversation she reached out to her fiance who was so happy to work things out and come over to her home to discuss everything with her. It will take her time to heal as she was in a very abusive relation ship and it will take her time to rediscover who she is again. I encourage everyone to leave their abusive relationships. Please. God wants the best for us. God gives us dreams so we can live them. I honestly believe God plants little seeds of dreams in our heart so we can make them a reality. I mention dreams because in a healthy relationship your partner will support your dreams not try to control you from living them. With all of that being said, I honestly believe God wants the best for us. Often times people hold their past regrets against themselves and feel they don't deserve best but as the quote above by Drake says, "No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless," just goes to show that our current decisions matter and that we can turn our lives around. God wants the best for us!!! Bible says: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 
I believe in God and it was my faith that carried me through my hardships. I thank God for my life every day and for my loved ones including my significant other which has brought so much happiness in my life. In this blog I placed two quotes that I just love. I hope you like them two.

Merry Christmas to everyone this Christmas Eve. I miss the days I would visit my grandparents and would be so anxious to see my gifts that I would open all my christmas gifts on Christmas Eve and have nothing for Christmas day. The tradition in my grandparent's household was to open one gift on Christmas Eve but of course as I am, I always have to somewhat break tradition and open them all. haha! So my grandma, over the year's starting saving one and hiding it well so I would have something to open in the morning. They have both since passed on and are angels in heaven. They brought so much peace and serenity to me. Because of them I have a strong faith in God, a hard work ethic, and a giving heart. I miss them dearly. This Christmas is a unique one as I am spending it with my parents, mom and Joe :) I am in Florida and it is my very first warm Christmas. I never thought Christmas could feel like Christmas with out the snow but let me tell you... I love it!!!! Merry Christmas all and God Bless everyone!!

With love,

Sherrie Gearheart
Miss Southern Illinois 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment