Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Deactivated Facebook

As usual I have been behind on blog postings well since the day I began blogging. As most of you know I stay busy with my commitments and responsibilities. The interesting thing is, I am never late on facebook postings. Facebook has become everyone's blog/website, etc. I decided about two weeks ago to temporarily deactivate my facebook account. I had never done this before and I have had facebook since 2008. Little did I know that everyone would freak out, thinking I had deleted them. So instead of getting a nice mini vacation from facebook I was inundated with phone calls, voicemails, text messages, and more. It reminded me of the time I became popular oversees when the same thing happened back in 2010 but that was through media recognition, not because I deactivated facebook. After over 300 phone calls and texts of everyone panicking in less than 24 hours, I decided to turn my facebook back on the very next day to give everyone a heads up. I actually thought my phone was going to blow up. It wouldn't stop ringing and buzzing. Needless to say I gave everyone a heads up this time so they can be aware that I am turning off my facebook temporarily. Some people were worried, others begged me not to, some were relieved I hadn't blocked them, and others said I was their source of inspiration and they can't function without me, etc. It was very interesting to see all of the responses. And although I want to be there for everyone all the time, sometimes I think it's important to take a step back and just be with me. I wrote everyone back before turning off facebook and I let them know it's only temporary and they can indeed go on without me for a few weeks. It's incredible how face book has become such a way of life. I am writing all of this to say I am updating my blog with my facebook postings and more. I will return to blog land before I leave on vacation to see my family. Although facebook can capture a status, an image, and a title, it can't capture a story. I plan to share my story with you. I leave for Florida to see my mom and family next week. I can't wait. A much needed vacation, time with family, and time away is needed.....and it awaits me <3 br="br">
Sherrie Gearheart
Miss Southern Illinois 2013

1 comment:

  1. hello sherrie ı am Tj mcclayn Everything was right for facebook ı really promise never forget you here always forever take care there god bless you always 2013 bring you happiness:-)

    ReplyDelete