Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Passport Missing

I will start updating my blog postings from last September...... I am bearing my heart and soul in my blog

You will never believe what happened to me in September. My life was turned upside down. My apartment was broken into and my passport was stolen just days before I had to leave overseas for my humanitarian trip to the Philippines. I had less than 5 days to get a new pass port, to move out of my apartment abruptly, and to pack for my trip in the midst of the confusion. While dealing with all these emotions I had to then prepare myself mentally for 24 hours of air travel time because once I landed I would hit the ground running with appearances galore as Miss Southern Illinois, VP of Project Michelangelo, and founder of Live Out Loud Charity. I was to complete a media tour to promote my charity work involvement and Jojo Sayson's new book Springboard to Heaven. There I was on the flight 5 days later, new passport in hand, extremely tired and fatigued from all my last minute packing, and just in disbelief that my life was back in boxes. I had created such a beautiful home, put so much time and energy into it for it to now be packed away and disheveled in a storage unit. I knew in two weeks Id return home without... a home. I told myself to focus on the present moment because I was about to embark on a journey I had never experienced before. This is the first time I am sharing this story publicly since well..... I didn't want people to worry nor did I want my personal life out there in the open.... AND of course I didn't know at the time who took my passport. Therefore, I shared my dilemmas with those close in my circle. I must say, if it was not for my close knit support system, I would have easily collapsed and never made it on that plane. Fortunately, I have people I can count on. So there I was, in sort of this daze on my flight to the Philippines sitting side by side with Jojo Sayson, President of Project Michelangelo Foundation. I had no idea what was in store for me. I feel that I experienced a lifetime worth of events in just 2 and a half weeks. My mind is still in disbelieve at how much we accomplished in that short time frame and yet..... there was still so much more to do. We plan to return in 2014. I will share in the blog posts to follow details of my Philippines Trip. Once I returned from the Philippines the month of September was over. The month of October was an interesting one as I closed a chapter in my life and began a new one. <3 br="br">Sherrie Gearheart
Miss Southern Illinois 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment