Friday, June 25, 2010

A moment to reflect....

I needed to take this moment to reflect on all the good things that happened today.

1) I was featurued on the GivesMeHope website which receives over one million views per month. They saw my fb status and posted it on their site. This is what my status said:

"I am now a QPR Certified Gatekeeper. This is one of the most nostalgic days of my life yet at the same time gives me hope for a brighter future. I did this for Ryan and now I truly believe that I can help save lives."

I clearly remember writing this status. I had tears coming down my eyes while I was going through training and after when I received my certification. Being a QPR Certified Gatekeeper is one of the most important aspects in my life as I use my training during my seminars, speaking with my Live Out Loud Charity Staff, and in every day life. I can not begin to tell you how many people call, email, or text me about someone who needs help or how they overcame their depression and commend me for what I am doing. I thank God for leading me in the right direction. Ryan you will be missed forever.

2. I met with some of my LOLC staff today for our upcoming fashion show. Being told that I touch lives and how awesome I am... is quiet remarkable. It's almost like I'm listening to them as if I am someone else.... like this can't be me! LOL I am blown away, and honored to be in a position as a leader. And the number one thing I have to say is that MY MODELS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, and FRIENDS, inspire ME. And I thank all of you.

3. I received a letter today from the National Association of Professional Women that I was approved for my 2010 membership. I never applied for this and after looking at their website I found this association amazing beyond belief. I am honored to be a part of the National Association of Professional Women. To consider myself at their level at my young age is overwhelming. I have so much to learn from them.


Once again thank you for reading... until next time... take care & love you all!

Sherrie Gearheart

No comments:

Post a Comment